Monday, May 31, 2010

Work and Play

Thursday I made apple cinnamon muffins for breakfast, they were scrumptious, and then went to my math class long enough to turn in my homework then left for home.  I didn't feel well.

Friday I made taco soup for dinner.  It was delicious as usual.  Yesterday morning, I found a tear in my favorite purple dress as I was getting ready for church and lost to Kyle at Skip-Bo...terrible way to start my day, but Kyle was pretty excited...about winning.  After church we ate more taco soup and then decided to play Dicecapades, which is fantastic!  There are over 100 dice and some of the card you draw say things like role a green number dice and do that many sit ups and move 3 spaces, or each player take one of each of the number die and who ever stacks all of them on top of each other first within 30 seconds move 2 spaces.  It also has real trivia questions, but I find the random things to be the most fun.


















My flowers are getting ready to bloom!!! I can't wait!  Ugh...the anticipation in killing me!  It's so exciting to think that I could help them grow up to be beautiful flowers! :)


















Saturday we went to Idaho Falls.  These are some jeans we found in JC Penny's.  They make me think of my friend KC soon-to-be Barnwell.  She looks good in everything, including colored jeans. Jealous.

After Idaho Falls we went to a play and I was so tired that I pretty much hated the whole thing...it just went on and on and Everyman was so whiny!  I couldn't take it, but we had to stay because Kyle had to watch it for his humanities class.

Today is Memorial Day so Kyle and I didn't have school, so instead Kyle got up at 7:15 so he could submit an assignment by 8 for his humanities class that in over on Friday, then I got up at 7:45 to clean the apartment up (Kyle did dishes...he's so wonderful!) and look over my group math homework, then a girl from my math group came over at 9 a.m. and we worked on our team homework for almost 4 HOURS!!! Some day off that was.  Then Kyle read to me and played with my hair and then I took a nap while he did more homework.  Did I mention it was supposed to be our day off?  We wanted to do something fun so we thought we'd play a game and agreed on Taluva....we got it at this game store in Salt Lake City while we were on our honeymoon and we love it.  I don't feel like explaining it so I won't, but we really enjoy it...Kyle won :(  He wins a lot.













Kyle decided that we should have hotdogs for dinner so I helped him clean out the grill and he got things hot, and while things were heating up I convinced Kyle to go get chocolate and graham crackers so we could make s'mores afterword.  The hotdogs were delicious...it makes me want to go camping so bad.

But when I went to get the marshmallows out of the cupboard they were GONE!  No s'mores for us.  Disappointment.  So we did dishes instead.  And it's raining

2 comments:

  1. SO glad to have your blog address. Cathy gave it to me tonight. Fun memorial day. It seems that once you are married there really aren't any "days off". Especially after the kids come. Believe you me. Can't wait to see more posts.

    By the way Kyle...we LOVE the hair. Looks really good. Our boys are sporting the same do right now. That's because Gabe had lice. Sure hope that's not why you shaved yours. :)

    Love you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Guys...Wow, Kyle I love your new do! You look great. And Lisa,way cool pictures. I added you to my blog role, so now I can check in every now and then.
    Can't wait to see you two at the reunion!

    ReplyDelete