Today is the day before Kyle's birthday, so while he was in class for two and a half hours I got out the little charcoal grill that I have been hiding in our storage closet and began putting it together. Almost immediately I scraped my thumb knuckle on I don't even know what, then as I was attaching the lid I managed to slice off a good chunk of my right index finger and it wouldn't stop bleeding and we were out of our good band aids so i had to use one of those gross plastic ones that turn the skin white and pruney because it doesn't allow your skin to breath...so you sweat and then it doesn't even stick after very long. I'm sure everyone has had this experience...at least I hope it's not just me. Well, I got it put together and I put it out on the balcony. As soon as he gets home from class he is so happy that I think my surprise is spoiled so I asked him if he looked on the balcony as he drove up the lot. He didn't, he was just happy...plain old honest to goodness happy, but I couldn't take it anymore. I told him to go look on the balcony and he was so excited! And I was so happy that I could surprise him, too, because it's really hard. So now we have a little grill and tomorrow we are going to try it out and have a bar-b with Josh and Trista.
Then, before Kyle left again we decided to make more homemade pizza because we liked it so much last night...and we had a bunch of sauce left over. Kyle made the dough again, since my finger was mutilated and then he left for orientation at his new job. My job while he was gone was to make the pizza...and since last time the crust was super thick I decided to make two smaller pizzas, but they ended up being two of the same size pizzas as last night. I put the first one (just cheese) in at 6:30 because we thought he would get done around then. When that one was done I put the second one (pepperoni & orange peppers) in and then Kyle texts me and tells me he is going to be awhile later. So instead of letting the first one get cold and just sit there, staring me in the face I decided to go over to our neighbors, who I had only met briefly on the stairs about a week ago, and ask if they had had dinner yet and if they wanted some pizza. She was very surprised that I wanted to give her a whole pizza, but I assured her we had more than enough and that we wouldn't know what to do with it. She's nice and I like her. Her name is Geri. So I decided that every time we make pizza, we should make two and give one away because it's fun and I like it.
...And when Kyle did get home...he ate that whole entire pizza save the one piece that I ate. It was no small pizza, either.
No comments:
Post a Comment