Saturday, May 8, 2010

Rigidly Disconnected

So last night....really more like yesterday, I had a bit of a meltdown because I hate school sooo much!!!  I am only taking 13 credits and I have no time for anything but homework all day everyday and I can't take it anymore.  Kyle wakes up early almost every morning to do homework, then we go to school and while he is in class I do homework and while I am in class he does homework, then we go home eat a quick lunch and the sit on opposite couches in front our computers and do homework until we are too tired to do anything else and then go to bed.  That is our life. That is it. Thats all. And yesterday I had this brilliant idea for my photography class and I was super excited about it. I was excited for my homework. Then when as we were walking out the door to go take pictures, we couldn't go because we had too much homework! I couldn't even do my homework because I had homework! I couldn't take it, I just started crying, like a little kid who didn't get her way. It was ridiculous.  Then I vented to Kyle about how much I hate school because we never have any quality time to spend with each other.  Then since I can't use my computer for my OT homework I have to wait for Kyle to get done and by that time it's 10 and I'm so cranky and tired and throwing a little temper tantrum while I try to do my homework and he comes over to help me and then I just broke down and started sobbing. And Kyle, being so sweet and loving closes his computer, picks me up, and takes me to bed. Needless to say I didn't get that homework done, and I really don't even care.

So in my family class we just learned about unhealthy, unbalanced family relationships and I just realized that that is what school has done to us.  And, to make things a bit ironic, the two classes that create the most imbalance is my family and my religion class! Perfect. I have discovered that Kyle and I are rigidly disconnected, as defined in my family textbook.  That is our life as students.

On the brighter side of things, I planted some flowers about 4 weeks ago and they are so exciting to watch as they grow.  I can't wait until they start to bloom! They are getting so big and green, it's like a little jungle in their pot.  Speaking of little things growing...

No comments:

Post a Comment