Home at last. Can I just tell you how absolutely wonderful it feels to come home to a clean, quiet, uncrowded apartment after spending four days in complete madness? It's amazing! 13 out of 15 children all under the age of 10 screaming and crying and running around; along with 15 not so quiet or tame grown ups. Did I mention my ever present headache for those four days? The boys watched the world cup, went golfing (where Kyle got insanely sunburned from lack of sunscreen. He looked like hot stuff... literally.) and argued about trivial matters. The girls made crafts and chatted a bit about birth and such. Let me tell you, if you want some of the best birth control...1. go to a family reunion with screaming, crying, temperamental kids, 2. talk about child birth in detail with those who have experienced it, and 3. hold the cute babies that drool/throw up on you, have to be held standing up, and poop so that you can feel it and hear it...gross. I probably told Kyle at least 10 times that we are never having children. It was fun though and the place we stayed in Ashton was beautiful. I wish it had been warmer so we could have gone kayaking and I wish all those thick blankets of flies that enveloped the outside of the cabin had died when they were supposed to. This is were we stayed...
The view in the front...
and the view in the back...
On Friday night there was an incredible storm with a ton of lightning! I was outside taking pictures trying to get a good one of lightning and Kyle's sister Carrie was a bit worried so she made someone get Kyle to come outside with me. He came out, said hi and two seconds later went back inside because it was cold. Then it started hailing out of nowhere and I got pelted right inside my ear...thats when I decided it was time to go inside.
Ohhh and the food was so AMAZING! We ate a cafe rio sort of dish that I made myself sick over from eating so much, delicious steak and baked potatoes, bb-q pork sandwiches, and green creamy chicken enchiladas....of which Kyle and I got to take home the two massive left over pans. Mmmmm.
We didn't get to sleep out in the tent unfortunately because it was pouring down rain the first night we were there Thursday, so we got put in a room with Kyle's brother Thad and his wife Julie who, up until then I had never met. Turns out that it wasn't awkward and I really like them :) Their son Ben liked to just stare at me with his big round blue eyes for minutes at a time...I tried to make him smile and I got close a time or two, but he was good.
Now I am sick and feel like I got hit by a train, which I blame it on the craziness and the lack of sleep from this happy reunion and Kyle is still trying to recover from his fun in the sun...we are quite a pair. It was a lot of fun, but I am so glad it is over.
Isabel and Aiden... precious.
Now who's kid would you happen to be talking about pooping/puking/and drooling on you? :) It's just a sign that he loves you. :)
ReplyDeleteWe had a great time...loud, stressful, but great time.
It was so good to see you again.
Yeah, you should of grown up in our family, constant chaos...all the time. And boy, it was never quite! EVER! I too am very gratefule to be home, amidst my own out of control children!
ReplyDeleteLisa-I was fun getting to know you better! Kyle seems very happy and content. And I am sure you are the reason for that! :)
I agree. it is very nice to be home. but it was such fun getting everyone together. it was great getting to kow you, and i'm glad you had fun, even tho it takes a while to get used to all the noice and chaos. you guys should come visit us sometime!
ReplyDelete