Why is it that for holidays such as Valentine's Day and Anniversaries it's all about what the man does for his woman? Because men only show affection on special days, right? Not true, at least not for my sweetheart. He is constantly telling me he loves me, what a good wife and mother I am, how beautiful I am, and how, given the chance, he would do it all over again. Not to mention the greatest show of love of all, going out everyday and working hard to provide for his family. If that doesn't show affection, I don't know what does. I love my man. How did I seriously get so lucky?
I married a good man, so I wanted to show him a little extra love. And trust me, it was little. I put Mav to bed and spent a mere 30 minutes making a couple Valentine's while Kyle was at Young Mens teaching his Missionary Prep. class. I made him this...

I did not get a picture of the one I made, but this is where I got the idea (thank you Pinterest) and I tied mine off with a blue ribbon and stuck it in his work boot to find in the morning when he left for work. I also made this...
and put it in his cereal bag to find when he poured his cereal. Cute, I know.
Then I went to bed. I am sooo tired lately! No. In case you think you are funny or are actually wondering, I am not pregnant.
Then Kyle, my sexy, affectionate, hard working man, got called in to work. He left at about midnight. He found the "dynamite sticks" but neglected to eat his cereal. Shame on him. ;)
He deserves so much more and I know that, but it's the little things, right?
Also in the spirit of the holidays, I dyed an entire load of laundry this pukey pink color from my maroon Moby that Mav vomited all over on Sunday. Pink. Ugh. Just in time for the holiday I guess. I can't help but laugh at the irony.
I tried rewashing it with white distilled vinegar, no luck.
Any suggestions would be appreciated :)


Very cute!! I love Valentines day, even though I feel like Nick is constantly doing the same thing; telling me he loves me and what a good mom I am, I agree with you, I feel like I am one lucky girl/mama!
ReplyDeleteThat is cute. And you are right....they deserve love and affection just as much as we do. Such cute ideas. And...I have no idea how to treat your laundry. Google it. ha ha ha!
ReplyDelete