I feel so full of love and so blessed to have Maverick, the miracle that he is. For I know now that he truly is a miracle.
Lately I have read about people whose babies have died in the night or those who can't conceive for unknown reasons. I feel a little guilty for being so blessed and heartbroken for those who aren't blessed in the same way. Even though Mav woke up at 5:40 a.m. with a blow out diaper. Poop everywhere. I had to change crib sheets and my bed sheets and have a bath before 6 a.m., make and eat breakfast with one hand, do dishes while he plays on the kitchen floor, and lay with him while he cries for 45 minutes because he doesn't want to fall asleep. Peace. Now on to more dishes and laundry and if I'm lucky a shower and an easier afternoon nap time.
UGH! right?
Then he smiles.
Everyone should have that and I am ashamed that I don't number these among my many blessings because life isn't kind or fair and I am so lucky.
I will be better. I am sorry I have taken my blessings for granted.
Everyone has their trials, big and small. We have ours. Today though, for a moment, our life is pretty perfect.


What a wonderful post. And such a sweet boy, You are a great mom and wife for you family.
ReplyDeleteLook at those beautiful blue eyes! And such a beautiful post :)
ReplyDeleteHe is such a cutie... and just a blessing you will always count.
ReplyDeleteI take my 4 little blessings and all the "blessings" that come along with them for granted constantly too. You are not alone. The great thing is that we have these moments/days to help remind us just how blessed we are.
ReplyDeleteBTW, he is SO SO SO CUTE! I just wish I could cuddle him.