Thursday, March 14, 2013

3 years of love


"I do"
2nd Anniversary "It's a BOY!"

1st Anniversary

3rd Anniversary
Yesterday was Kyle and my 3rd anniversary!

It was a special day.

Kyle didn't get home until 5:30? I'm guessing because I'm not really sure, but regardless he had our anniversary off so that was a treat. He slept until noon. He got me mint fudge cookies and I.... well... my gift didn't work out, let's just leave it at that. We watched Coach Carter. Mav fell off the bed. We.... Kyle really... made meatloaf for dinner.

Mav? Oh right, you caught that... yeah fell right off. He was taking a nap and apparently when he woke up he decided not to alert us as usual and just go exploring all by himself.

Thud!

Sprint.

Cry. Surprisingly he didn't cry much... I'm very good at my job :) right, that's why he fell off the bed?
Really though, he was happy and smiling 5 minutes later.

Kyle gave Mav a bath. Then we sang songs and Kyle read him a story and it was bedtime.

We washed diapers.

Then, Kyle and I reminisced about our three years of marriage and everything we did and how much fun we had and how hard and depressing it was sometimes a lot of times and how exciting and wonderful it was other times and how much we are honestly, truly, and wonderfully blessed in SO many ways.
a. the gospel
b. each other
c. Maverick
d. our families
e. Kyle has a good job
f. food to eat
g. a home
h. I can stay home with Mav
i. can walk to church
j. can walk to the store
k. have good friends
l. love our ward
m. have seen a lot of the country
n. we are healthy
o. the internet
p. books to read
q. games to play
r. clothes to wear
s. a car
t. electricity
u. an education
v. got to know our extended family better
w. we have learned much
x. we have loved deeply
y. we have laughed joyously
z. we have lived happily

There are many more blessings in our life, but that's the alphabet. We have a lot.

Mav helped me make the bed this morning. He had so much fun.

And in case anyone was wondering... Kyle is still awesome and Mav now has 6 teeth... he finally got him two front teeth! This is his teething face.


6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, such cute pictures. All kids fall sometimes. Hunter was sitting in the bumbo on the kitchen table...yeah not super safe, but I wasn't thinking. In like 5 seconds that I turned around, he pushed his feet on the table and got to the edge, and just like slow mo', I dove for him as he dove off the edge! Talk about parent guilt! Congrats on 3 years. Mav is a doll and glad you got to spend time with each other. Loves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that the picture of Kyle holding Mav by his leg totally reminded me of all the controversy Michael Jackson got for dangling his kid over the balcony:) I am totally gonna call Michael Jackson now. Super cute, I love how Mav is grinning being upside down. He must have my hunger for thrills:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAY! Happy Anniversary you two. Love the pics and the list and....well, all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to celebrate your special day! I laughed so hard when you said Mav fell off the bed, not too many moms admit it happens but I am positive that it happens to ALL of them and that's why its so dang funny. Love all the pictures and not a day goes by when I don't wish you lived closer! Kisses for my Mav Love you all xoxo Mama

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Love this post. Don't worry. Leah fell off our bed three times. Each time I felt like the worst mother ever. I guess it just happens sometimes...

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I cried when I saw the book Kyle was reading. It's a big part of me as all of you who had Mrs. Haughey for 1st grade, she read that at the Mother's Day Tea and I sat thru that 4 different years and crazy bawled every time. Now my babies are grown and one day I'll be the old lady.... :( and I know my boys (and girls) will be there for me !! xoxo Oh my how time has gone by.....

    ReplyDelete