Tuesday, December 7, 2010

my winter wreath

My crafty friend KC and I have decided that after our successful creation of our fall wreaths that there would be many more seasonal wreaths to be made. This season is winter, snow, Christmas, and New Year season. So we decided to take on the ornament wreath as our next project, which turns out to be super simple to make and guaranteed to look fabulously festive. All you do is get a wire hanger and bend it into a circle, twist apart the top, hot glue the tops of the ornaments on so they don't come apart, and string on the ornaments! Perfect.

 Also, I cut out paper snowflakes during work at opinionology  the other day to prevent me from cutting myself (joke, sorta :)) and that got me in a festive mood yesterday when I found them in my coat pocket so I decided to decorate the little I could in our tiny apartment.  I put up the paper snowflakes.
Then I remembered that I had a nativity set and dug it from a box in storage and put that out on the bookshelf.
And strung some candycanes on a red ribbon above our window.  It looks a bit more Christmasy  now, but I wish we had room to put up a tree... now that would be magical! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! That is sooo cute! I need to come over and see it in real life. Oh and see you in real life of course! haha! I love you and your cute wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea. I really love the candy cane string. I'm afraid it wouldn't work at my house (too many candy cane loving children who can climb). What a good idea for a wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look who is turning crafty?!!! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete