Wednesday, November 3, 2010

good hygiene

dear employees of the other place where i work,
i want to take a moment and applaud the large majority of you for your good hygiene, part of that is keeping your nails trimmed and clean, good job.  here is the problem i have with your attempt at that good hygiene... when you insist on grooming yourself (clipping nails) at work, then so kindly leaving a nice neat little pile of your long overdue, dirty nail clippings on the desk for the next innocent, miserable employee.  i quite literally almost chucked when i saw the pile left for me.  it's a nice thought, but please be kind and groom at home.
sincerely,
-mrs. gillespie

that is how my day started.  then i was trying to get people to take a 20 minute long post election survey, when i finally got this man to take it... he had basically no opinions one way or the other, but it was a survey so i was chugging through it.  then, about half way through this 20 minute survey, after 30 minutes of coaxing him through trying not to lose my patients, he begins to fall asleep and I'm pretty sure he was snoring, prbably a narcoleptic, i couldn't revive him, he was gone gone totally gone. then i got scolded for taking too long of a break... i work at the most dreaded job in rexburg! i'm pretty sure i deserve a 30 minute break from hell, thank you!
















I once had a man tell me to go to hell. Why, thank you sir, but I am already there :)

3 comments:

  1. Okay Lisa, thanks for making our night. Brett and I are totally laughing.Did you really say that? And the nail thing, GROSS!
    Keep up your great sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry Lisa. I had roommates that worked there and it did sound like the worst job ever! But money is money, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rob and I SOOOOO feel your pain. We both worked there as well (although I know I suffered more since I worked full time). It wont last forever....I hope! :)

    ReplyDelete