Tuesday, October 5, 2010

pumpkin season

The other night, after Kyle and I got home from work, I was opening the windows up and out my window I see Kate and Braiden and they invite us to come get half price appetizers at Applebee's.  So we did.  We order appetizers and fruity drinks and when then the Applebee's people announced that whoever got the high score that night on guitar hero would get a free appetizer! Oookaaaay... yes please... so Kate and Kyle teamed up and played Kriptonite.... and since nobody else played, we got the free appetizer and split some mozerella sticks.  Mmmm.  it was so much fun :) That was Friday.  Saturday we worked in the morning, watched the second half of the first session of conference, went to the bank, got ice-cream, watch the second session, went on a bikeride, then went to Trista's 20th surprise birthday party, which was a good time, and Kyle had a play date with the bros on xbox live.  Sunday... more conference went to Mark and Lauren's for pancakes with some of their other friends....three couples had babies, one was prego, and then there was us... so we decided... we still aren't having kids yet, delicious pancakes and waffles with peanut butter and fruit, some sort of fame sherades, more conference, bikeride, then went to shane and K.C.'s and played skip-bo and ate brownies and K.C. and I made a play date for the next day to make wreaths.  Monday I worked at Dollar Tree then met K.C. and we got stuff to make our fall wreaths and had a crafty afternoon at her place.  Her wreath totally looks better than mine.





















Then she went to work and I went home and decided I really wanted to make pumpkin soup even though Kyle "doesn't like pumpkin"... fine more for me.  Well, I made it... told him i was making soup, but not what kind and he wasn't allowed in the kitchen.  When it was done I made him do the blind taste and guess what the brat who doesn't like pumpkin said?  He said "it's good!" I was so excited that really liked it, so I told him it was pumpkin soup... he wasn't too happy, but good soup is good soup. Oooo..... and Mom G. made us canned applesauce! Sooo good. We'll see how long it lasts :) It's beginning to feel a lot like fall and I'm loving it... this year, the leaves are even changing colors before it snows!  They're gorgeous.

1 comment:

  1. I love fall! Your wreath is cute. Inspiring. Maybe I will make one this year too.

    ReplyDelete