Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fireworks and Sunburns

Happy 4th of July and hello sunburn.  Now that it's short season, it is also sunblock season.  In all the excitement though, it is easy to forget... as I did... ouch.

On Saturday we had our ward BBQ, met some new friends there, and played some kick ball... Kyle, of course was the all-star and I, knowing that any ball I kicked up would be caught, bunted as lightly as I could then ran as fast as my little legs would carry me.  On Sunday, I had my first day of work and then Kyle and I had Josh and Trista over for our own little BBQ and played some Settlers of Catan.  Monday we had the day off from school and went over to Aunt Suzie's and Uncle Mike's for yet another BBQ.  It was sooo good!  There was marinated steak, potato salad, green salad with mini bell peppers and avocado, and fruit salad. Mmmm.  We talked about the Declaration of Independence and then shot off some fun little fireworks.



Unfortunately Kyle and I didn't go to any of the firework shows, but I did dream of fireworks and that was a happy treat.  I had to work on the 4th... my first day.  It went pretty good I think.

Earlier in the week... or not so early... on Friday Kyle took me to the driving range for the first time and tried to teach me how to hit a golf ball.  Now, I won't show you the pictures he took of me, in fact, I deleted them because I looked like a little old woman trying to shoo a rabbit out of her way... it was ridiculous and he never told me how stupid I looked all hunched over like that!  Kyle just can't teach and I'm not being mean, he just isn't very good at teaching me things... like snowboarding and now golf.  It's okay, golf is his thing anyways, but it was so frustrating trying to hit that darn ball when he made it look so easy.


Oh well, it was fun I guess.  I'm just glad to be outside soaking up the sunburn.  :)

  

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the golf thing. The first time Rob took me to the driving range, I hit him in the head with the club (on accident...I swear). That'll teach him to try and teach me something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for dollar treeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete