"we drank the great lakes like cold lemonade and both got stomach aches sprawled out in the shade..."
some of my favorite lyrics of Owl City's song "Hot Air Balloon"
mainly because it reminds me of Michigan and thats where we went for vacation last weekend. i finally got to see most of my family that i haven't seen since over a year ago when we got married. I love them so much and being in Michigan felt just right... so much i love... except for the one I love the most... is from my life there. the beach, the sand, the humid summer air, the sunsets, the lush green trees that wrap around everything, and most of all my family.
This is where I'm from... happiness
The sad thing is that this may have been the last trip like this because it is all falling apart and my dad and susan will probably eventually move and then that will be it.
Before we left for our adventure, this is what we were doing...
In case you don't know what "this" is... it is flood prep. church was canceled and we spent memorial weekend helping people build these sand bag walls around their houses so they wouldn't flood. it was a lot of work, but we had fun doing it.
aaand i finally pulled out my paints and got messy with finger painting again!




I'm glad you had a fun time. Now back to the grindstone, huh?
ReplyDelete