Thursday, September 9, 2010

summer in a rain jacket

Summer never came to Idaho this year.  There was maybe a month total of summer days… for the most part though, it’s been rainy and chilly… more like fall.  I guess it’s alright though because Kyle and I didn’t have much time for play with him working and me working two jobs and all.  When we did have time off we just wanted to relax at home mostly.  We did however have some fun this last week while we were in Washington visiting family.  Kyle’s mom, Cathy taught me how to make home made jam and can fruit, so we came home with 14 jars of homemade jam, made mostly with fruit from Cathy’s garden, and 12 jars of canned peaches!  Mmmm J













Kyle thinks he's funny...

We also went to visit Robbie and Melanie’s on Saturday for a Labor Day picnic…  which was delectable… so much good food.  Then we had a great day on Haden Lake with Carrie and Brett and their kids on their boat.  Corissa, the only girl of five, was the only one brave enough to go out on the tube with Kyle and I and we had so much fun with her!  In truth I was considering ducking out of riding, but when Corissa said “I’ll go if Lisa’s going”, well, I didn’t have a choice now did I?  But I’m so glad I did because it was a blast!  We did eventually convince Carrie to come out… she was such a wimp ;) but I egged Brett on to go faster and faster and just let her scream… it was great… she probably hates me now lol. 














Ohhh and the sunset was incredible!

On our final day in Washington, we had a cookout with mom and dad, Carrie and Brett and their kids, Andrew, and the missionaries.  And again it was sooo delicious!  I have to say grilled zucchini and squash with parmesan is a new favorite of mine… I could eat that everyday and be perfectly happy.  After everyone left, dad taught Kyle to drive a motorcycle.  He was so excited that I had to be brave enough to let him take me on a ride and it was fun… he was so happy and now really wants to get a motorcycle.

It was a perfect way to end the summer and I’m glad to have such a loving and fun family!  Speaking of family... we finally got the pictures from the reunion... Kyle and I are the cutest by far! :) 

2 comments:

  1. we were so happy to see you guys. What a fun weekend for you.

    Yeah...you and Kyle are pretty cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, Lisa....First off you and Klye are the cutest....after my kids of course :) And Second, I'm not a wimp, just didn't want to get dunked into the Lake with all the FLIES!! Seriously back in my day, I was definetly more daring!! Ask Brett, many times he wonders what I did with the "Carrie" he married! Maybe I should spend some time trying to figure that one out.
    We are so glad you guys came up! I have had so much fun getting to know you! So glad Kyle found someone so special!!!
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete